Monday, October 6, 2008

WAAAAAH - I'm Sick


I hate getting a cold.

Luckily it doesn't happen too often.

But when it does, I'm miserable.

I try not to take drugs because I think they only stop the bad stuff from making it out of my body. My body produces snot for a reason, and to take drugs to dry it up - counterproductive. However that being said, there are certain times where drugs are a necessity. Like when on the train. You should see the dirty looks that are thrown when someone is coughing on the train - they could kill. Or if it's necessary to come into work. I try to work from home when sick (and am happy when other people do the same). Not sure why people think it's somehow respectable or something to be proud of when they show up to work sick. No one else wants their germs...ewww!

I never know whether to work out or not when I'm sick. Some people say to sweat it out, others say rest and let your body focus on getting better. I've gone both routes, and I don't think one is better than the other (for me). However, it does feel crappy to work out when you're sick.

So tonight I'm going to ditch tri club swimming, curl up on the couch and watch tv all night . That's the one somewhat good thing about being sick - you have an excuse for doing nothing!

Fingers crossed that this one goes away in record time.
T.

No comments: