Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians!

Here in the GTA, we've had amazing weather all weekend, and tomorrow promises to be just as nice. I'm still a little under the weather, but thought I'd go out for a run this morning to see how it felt. I had 18k in the schedule, but after about 3, I knew it wasn't going to happen and turned around. So about 6k for me, but better to listen to the body, right?

I had Thanksgiving dinner with my immediate family last night. None of my fam is veg, but they're used to making lots of veggies for me, and then usually I have some sort of mock-meat instead of turkey. This year was a bit different... because I'm now vegan, I couldn't have anything with butter/margarine in it, so everything had to be made without then added in at the table for those who wanted it. (I know - Earth Balance, but unfortunately I was out, and no where around here sells it). And I forgot my 'chicken' at home, so I ended up throwing together a stew with diced tomatoes, chick peas and potatoes, which turned out okay. Let's just say the meal overall was less than inspiring, so when I got home today I decided to make myself a nice vegan Thanksgiving dinner.

I made Lemon Dijon Tofu and Potatoes which I found on Vegan Dad's blog. I have seen so many recipes there that I want to try, but this was my first one, and it was amazing.



Yes, that's steam coming off the food! I didn't want to wait for it to cool down to take the picture because I was dying to try it!

I used sweet potatoes, since I had them, and a little less dijon and more lemon than called for in the sauce. The recipe called for quite a bit of dijon, and sometimes I find it can be overpowering. Next time I make it, I will try using the full amount, as I think it would be really good.

My Lemon Dijon Tofu with Potatoes turned out really well, and I have leftovers for tomorrow as well. Now that's what I call Thanksgiving!

T.

1 comment:

citygirl said...

Your Thanksgiving dinner looks really good!!