Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack Wins!

I didn't manage to stay up to see who won the election, although Obama was winning when I went to bed. I woke up at 5ish and immediately turned on the tv and saw he won. I was surprised at how happy I was. Which is rather odd considering it was a US election. But what the US does has so much impact on Canadians, and I guess like everyone else I am feeling the effects of the mess that Bush has made. Anyway, enough about politics. Glad it's done and turned out well.

Happy to report I have been good in the food dept over the past couple of days.

Tuesday - 45 mins bike on trainer, 30 mins weights, upper body and abs (legs still sore)
Wed. 40 min run at lunch (it was beautiful and I ran in shorts). 1hr swim-2150m tonight.

I'm reading Ultra Marathon Man by Dean Karnazes... that guy is hard core. I'm near the beginning where he is doing the Western States 100 mile endurance run. I can't even fathom doing that. There is a graph showing the elevation profile of the race, and it looks like a heart rate machine in a hospital for someone with an erratic heart rate. Also on the graph is the profile for the Boston Marathon, and Heartbreak Hill is barely distinguishable. Wow. That really put it into perspective for me. Anyway, I'm enjoying the book, it's really inspiring to read about Dean and his mental and physical strength.

T.

No comments: